Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Seasonal
Summary of Contribution:
We are seeking a highly-motivated, social-media savvy Marketing Intern with excellent science-writing skills. A successful applicant will be able to write about scientific topics and interface between the various departments at Zymo Research in order to create content for Company website, catalog, blogs and help maintain our contact database, and to assist in our lead generation operations including data input, data validation, email marketing, and campaign analytics.
Marketing Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create written content for company catalog, website, blogs and multiple social media channels based on Zymo Research’s marketing strategy.
- Identify opportunities to guest blog and invite guest bloggers to participate. This would include editing content for publication.
- Maintain various lead databases by organizing, uploading, and maintaining contact information generated from Zymo’s lead generation efforts.
- Ensure all content is SEO-friendly for scientific landing pages and perform basic keyword research.
- Create and design emails and display advertisements to solicit new postings.
- Become a company advocate in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Other duties as defined by the needs of the Marketing Department.
Education and Experience:
- At least a sophomore in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, or a related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Understands social media channels and their respective participants (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.).
- Experience carrying out marketing campaigns and SEO optimization preferable.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Adaptable and flexible
- Team player
- Passion for Social Media Marketing and Science
- Good organizational skills
- Takes Initiative
- Creative Ability