Position Title: Account Manager, Distribution and Partnerships
Location: Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
Zymo Research is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Distribution management team. The successful applicant will assist with the management, communication, support, and growth of Zymo Research’s domestic distribution network.
The main objective of this position will be to increase distributor sales revenue, retention, and satisfaction. Additional aspects of the position will be to foster positive relationships, provide technical product information, and coordinate product specific marketing and sales training.
- Elevate product awareness through ongoing communication, technical troubleshooting, training, and new and existing product demonstration.
- Source and engage potential new partners and manage new partner agreement documentation and tracking.
- Achieve revenue goals by continually following up with distributing partner’s needs and nurturing a positive relationship.
- Communicate closely with the customer service, technical service, business, and marketing teams to increase engagement with, and support of, the distribution network.
- Coordinate and issue custom product quotes and accept, review, and circulate purchase orders.
- Monitor distributing partner complaints, follow up on outstanding orders, and lead the resolution of back-order issues.
- Manage all CRM data for distributor accounts.
- Ensure compliance with global trade compliance policies and the foreign corrupt practices act.
- Attend meetings with distribution partners and attend partner tradeshows (post-COVID travel restrictions).
- Regularly provide product sales, market surveys, competitive analysis, and forecasts to management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, business, or economics is required.
- Proven experience and success in developing new business relationships, building repeat business, and managing a sales territory.
- Skilled at business partner engagement, opportunity management, and negotiations.
- Demonstrated experience attaining strict compliance with Federal, State, Local, and International polices.
- Positive attitude, strong desire to succeed, sense of urgency, and flexible as needed.
- Excellent communication skills; persuasive speaking and excellent writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- An advanced degree in business or science.
- Practical experience and knowledge in the biological sciences (molecular, biochemical, etc.).