Position Title: Account Manager
Location: Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
Zymo Research is looking for an Account Manager to join our Commercialization team. The Account Manager will own account management, communications, retention, and satisfaction for Zymo Research customers. At Zymo Research we believe Account Managers act as customer advocates and work with internal departments to ensure that customer needs are understood and resolved effectively, and customers are highly satisfied. They handle customer growth strategies, client inquiries and complaints, collecting and analyzing data, and improving the overall customer experience to ensure very high retention.
The successful Account Manager will collaborate closely with cross-functional product, service, marketing, business development, and support teams. The successful applicant must be comfortable and effective communicating strategy, insights, plans, and results to various customers and stakeholders at all levels of the business.
The ideal candidate has a track record of success managing key accounts in the bioscience and/or healthcare space with a balance of creativity/vision and organization skills. If you are looking to join a dynamic, growing team in a high-impact role, we want to speak with you. The position is full-time and is based in the Zymo Research operations office in Tustin, CA.
Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary commercial interface with key customer accounts, being accountable for the overall customer experience and retention.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of and relationship with key customer accounts, including all relevant stakeholders (e.g., Buyers, Lab Directors, Managers, Scientists, etc.)
- Proactively meet with key customer accounts to solicit feedback and adjust accordingly.
- Identify new opportunities for growth and apply customer insights to identify emerging trends.
- Establish and execute against business plans for key accounts in alignment with Company and business unit goals.
- Effectively communicate those plans and lead key account strategy discussions with business development and sales, building understanding and support.
- Be a voice for key customer accounts within the organization, advocating for needs and sharing insights with key stakeholders and cross-functional partners.
- Comply with regulatory guidelines, public policies/guidelines, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Provide A/R support and perform outreach on unpaid invoices.
- Leverage analytical tools to produce reports, understand business trends and meet or exceed target KPIs.
- Ability to cover a large geography and travel within the US approx. 15% (when permitted).
Account Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or Management, or related field. M.B.A. and/or Minor in the Biological Sciences (e.g., molecular biology) is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales and/or account management experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry accountable for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Experience with business strategy and planning around key accounts, laboratory workflow, and health systems.
- Knowledge and experience of legal and compliance framework related to the pharma/biotech industries.
- Strong execution capability in a complex, rapidly evolving business.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, and presentation skills including the ability to clearly convey complex ideas and concepts.
- Self-starter with excellent self-leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for providing high satisfaction to accounts and owning customer happiness.
- Proficiency with relevant technology (MSOffice – Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Project Management tools, etc.).