Summary of Position:
The Accounting / Purchasing Assistant will help manage the accounts accounting records for deposits and/or collections for the company. Duties include performing a variety of clerical and entry-level bookkeeping and accounting tasks, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting and other records, and preparing financial, statistical, and/or technical reports.
The Accounting / Purchasing Assistant is responsible for supporting business operations by ordering supplies that agree with their employer’s brand. Their duties include maintaining relationships with Suppliers, Vendors or Wholesalers, placing orders for products based on current inventory needs and tracking shipments to ensure timely deliver.
The successful candidate must have strong organization and communication skills, and they must be someone willing to learn and wear many hats.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Accounting):
- Inputs cash receipts data into the computer and verifies by comparison to the bank deposit.
- Assists the Accounting Associate of the accounts receivable, collections, and deposit issues and resolving accounts receivable problems with clients.
- Maintains accurate customer files; keeps track of name changes, mergers, address changes, and mailing attentions for the shipping and fulfillment department; relays this information to the appropriate personnel.
- Assists in the preparation and posting of accounting documents, such as fees, receipts, invoices, requisitions, vouchers, expense accounts, and related operating reports.
- Files and maintains clerical records and reports pertinent information to accounting and bookkeeping.
- Assists in Processes Purchase Orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Purchasing):
- Purchasing and sourcing of various supplies including but not limited to raw chemical reagents, paper goods, plastic materials, and equipments.
- Perform inventory analysis on all assigned raw materials and supplies to determine appropriate action given material on hand and quantity required based on pre-existing forecasts.
- Maintain inventory of materials and supplies to ensure smooth business operations.
- Performing vendor research and selection to enhance profitability, reducing operating costs and boosting efficiency.
- Managing purchase orders, overseeing shipping schedules and maintaining purchase records.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping theories and practices and accepted office procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical or legal terminology.
- Ability to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat, legible manner.
- Excel, Word, and Quickbooks.
- Previous purchasing related experience preferred
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree (Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Biology, Life Sciences) preferred.
- Experience in bookkeeping, accounting.
- Experience in purchasing, supply chain, procurement.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required.
- knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer Proficiency
- Team Player
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Data collection and ordering
- Customer service orientation
- Detailed oriented