Position Title: Bioinformatics Associate
Location: 17062 Murphy Ave, Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position:
Zymo Research is seeking a Bioinformatics Associate to join our Bioinformatics team. The qualified individual will play a key role in building, maintaining, and executing data-analysis pipelines for Next-Generation Sequencing methods to support Zymo Research’s global product strategy.
If you are passionate about helping people in advancing science and working with awesome teams in a fast-growing company, we want you!
- Build and maintain NGS pipelines in the cloud using state-of-the-art software and systems.
- High-throughput execution of NGS pipelines.
- Develop code to deliver customized genomics data visualization and analysis.
- Collaborate with R&D personnel and scientists on cutting-edge projects.
- Employ best-practices for source control, statistical accuracy, documentation, and reproducibility.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responses to customer inquiries and technical questions.
- Work closely with internal subject matter experts on NGS bioinformatics related technical details.
- Project presentations to internal teams and external partners.
Bioinformatics Associate Qualifications
- Holds a master or bachelor's degree in Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related discipline. Experience may substitute for education.
- 1 to 3 or more years of work experience in the field of bioinformatics, NGS data analysis and/or information sciences.
- Must have experience with Linux/Unix operating systems and running/scripting applications from the command line.
- Strong programming skills in the Python and R programming languages.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services EC2 and S3, pipeline/workflow building languages, Methyl-seq (epigenomics), and RNA-Seq (transcriptomics) is a plus.
- Ability to simultaneously manage and execute multiple projects.
- Demonstrable best-practices for code documentation and revision control.
- Demonstrate clear verbal & written communicate skills.
- Well-developed people skills are highly desirable.