Bioinformatics Associate I
|Department:||R&D - Microbiomics|
Zymo Research is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our internship. The qualified individual will assist with various R&D projects for product design, development, and optimization.
You will be working closely with some of the most talented people in the life sciences field, specifically in protein engineering for protein and enzyme function modification and optimization.
If you are passionate about helping people in advancing science and working with awesome teams in a fast-growing company, we want you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct literature review and database analysis, select candidates for product development.
- Develop and optimize in vitro protein expression systems.
- Evaluate and develop protein functional screening assays.
- Produce candidate proteins using recombinant protein expression and purification methods.
- Characterize and QC validate target proteins.
- Record, analyze results and present findings and progress to the research team on a regular basis.
- Write SOPs for different processes.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Life Science, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Experience with recombinant protein expression and purification and understand related techniques.
- Understanding of protein structure and function.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Since its inception in 1994, Zymo Research has been proudly serving the scientific community by providing innovative, reliable, and high-quality research tools and products. Whether it's DNA, RNA, epigenetics, microbiomics, protein, or yeast-based research, our philosophy remains the same: To provide the highest quality products in the industry while ensuring they are both simple to use and reliable in their performance.
Recognized as a Top Workplace by the Orange County Register in 2021, 2022, and named a Top Workplace USA in 2023, Zymo Research continues to be a vibrant community where employees thrive, feel connected, and are inspired by their work. If you are passionate about contributing to scientific advancement and want to be part of an exceptional team in a dynamic, growing company, we'd love to hear from you!
The estimated hourly range for this position is $20 per hour at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Zymo Research welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. These include sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Onsite - Zymo Research Operations - 2961 Dow Ave. Tustin, CA 92780