Business Development Associate - Protein
Zymo Research is seeking a highly motivated Business Development Associate to join our Protein Engineering team! The qualified individual will work closely with cross-functional teams, including R&D, marketing, and business development to develop and execute strategies that ensure the successful commercialization of our products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Market Analysis: Conduct comprehensive market research to identify target markets, customer and customer needs, competitive landscapes, and opportunities.
- Create Strategic Commercialization Goals and Strategy.
- Create business proposals, presentations, and pitch materials for potential partners, investors, and collaborators.
- Drive the Operational Plan.
- Nurture existing customers.
- Performance Evaluation: Continuously monitor the sales of the products. Evaluate key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to assess commercialization success. Adjust strategies and tactics based on performance data.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including R&D, operation, marketing, and business development to coordinate efforts and ensure a seamless commercialization process.
- Reporting: Prepare and present regular reports on business development activities, progress, and outcomes to senior management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in commercialization, business development, or sales within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven track record of successful sales and commercializing products in the biotech sector.
- Exceptional presentation, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with external partners and stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of the biotechnology industry, market dynamics, and trends.
- Excellent analytical and research skills, with the ability to interpret and present data effectively.
- Results-driven mindset with excellent analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Since its inception in 1994, Zymo Research has been proudly serving the scientific community by providing innovative, reliable, and high-quality research tools and products. Whether it's DNA, RNA, epigenetics, microbiomics, protein, or yeast-based research, our philosophy remains the same: To provide the highest quality products in the industry while ensuring they are both simple to use and reliable in their performance.
Recognized as a Top Workplace by the Orange County Register in 2021, 2022, and named a Top Workplace USA in 2023, Zymo Research continues to be a vibrant community where employees thrive, feel connected, and are inspired by their work. If you are passionate about contributing to scientific advancement and want to be part of an exceptional team in a dynamic, growing company, we'd love to hear from you!
The estimated hourly range for this position is $26 – 32/hour at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Zymo Research welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. These include sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Onsite - Zymo Research Operations - 2961 Dow Ave. Tustin, CA 92780