Position Title: Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Location: 17062 Murphy Ave, Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
The Business Intelligence Data Analyst is responsible of the capture, analysis, and presentment of data and information that will help to answer questions related to Market, Product, and Customer.
- Answer adhoc inquiries from the commercial team through the capture of data and presentation of findings.
- Conduct market research to determine competitive position, placement, and strategies to optimize price and value for new products.
- Identify, validate, quantify and manage new product opportunities across the entire product portfolio.
- Develop procedures and processes to standardize business data reporting practices in all business units within the organization.
- Use advanced data modelling tools such as Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services, R, SAS, Python, Power BI, and Microsoft Excel etc. to develop and drive data-driven decisions, guidelines and tools.
- Prepare executive-level reports including key market insights, findings and opportunities to Senior Leadership, Operations, Commercial, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Train and mentor commercial teams on data analytics and visualization techniques.
- Perform ad hoc data analysis for business units around direct and distribution customers, products.
- Continually identify, validate, and execute opportunities for sales performance improvements.
- Perform other Commercialization duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, economics or data science field. An advanced degree in business or science is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years direct work experience in related field.
- Strong commercial orientation with a balance of data analysis and strategic business management capabilities.
- A passion for understanding commercial strategies and execution methodologies in a manufacturing and/or distribution business.
- Excellent analytical capabilities including experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services, R, SAS, Python, Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft Excel and other relational database skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and statistical problem-solving skills, including data handling and relational database programming.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and effectively influence and partner. Must relate well to all kinds of people, listens and builds constructive relationships, uses diplomacy and tact. Shows creativity and innovation in presenting ideas.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver.
- Detail oriented, organized and analytical. Has the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to drive projects and activities to successful conclusion, operating with a high sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with broad general guidance against a framework of defined business objectives.
- Prior experience working in large corporate environment or a diversified, complex organization is preferred. Candidates should be comfortable operating within a matrix organization.
- Strong intellect, drive, and communication skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%.