Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Full-time
Zymo Research is looking for a detail-oriented Email Marketing Associate to join our digital marketing team. The Email Marketing Associate will work with the Digital Marketing Specialist and Social Media Associate to carry out company marketing objectives, strategies and cross-platform campaigns. The role will work directly with product managers and application specialists to create various types of emails aimed at driving ROI, distributing content and nurturing flows from tradeshows and product beta tests. The position will also work collaboratively with the graphic design team to optimize emails graphics and maintain branding consistency. The ideal candidate is data-driven, goal-oriented, has exceptional attention to detail and deadlines, and thrives working in a collaborative environment.
- Execute daily marketing emails and automated lifecycle/re-engagement campaign flows in Klaviyo.
- Own customer segmentation and contact strategies to drive increased website traffic, sales and engagement.
- Own the maintenance of the email calendar, scheduling, QC & approval process.
- Track metrics & KPIs such as open rate, click-to-open rate, revenue, revenue per email for various types of emails and segments and establish benchmarks and goals for each
- Send reports for each email to appropriate personnel.
- Proactively resolve problems in order to maintain schedule and integration with various platforms including Wufoo and Salesforce.
- Identify meaningful tests to grow one-off emails and support future email creatives.
- Coordinate third-party email campaigns and distributor emails as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-4 years of relevant full-time experience in a fast-paced setting.
- Minimum one year of hands-on experience in an email marketing role preferred.
- Highly organized, excellent project management and communication skills.
- Deep familiarity and with enterprise-level email platforms, Klaviyo Experience is a plus.
- Strong hands-on experience with managing large email lists, segmentation and A/B testing.
- Knowledge of list segmentation strategies.
- Understanding of email marketing fundamentals: CAN-SPAM compliance, segmentation, list/data management and industry-standard KPIs.
- Advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, SUMif statements, etc.).
- Basic experience in HTML/CSS.
An ideal candidate should have:
- Dreamweaver and Photoshop experience.
- Experience managing a loyalty program is a major plus.
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM program.