Summary/Contribution of Position:
Zymo Research is seeking an experienced Full Stack Web Developer to join our Commercialization Web Dev team. The qualified individual will be working closely with product and marketing managers, designers, and developers to effectively deploy and manage stable, responsive, secure, accessible & cross-platform biotechnology product and service customer experiences and portals.
Successful candidates must also be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code. This role requires the ability to creatively deal with ambiguity, be data-driven and juggle cross-organization complexity.
If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment to deliver world class mission critical systems, this may be the career opportunity for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and participate in requirements gathering discussions and document application specifications.
- Architect, develop, test, deploy, maintain full-stack customer-facing cloud-based applications (front-end and back-end).
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
- Deliver superior performance for customers ensuring all applications are responsive and fast.
- Ensure and manage multiple integrations between O&O applications and 3rd party SaaS and application platforms.
- Write clear, and thorough technical documentation for all developed applications.
- Test, troubleshoot, debug and upgrade application software and code as needed.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables in a flexible work environment.
- Participate with other technologists and developers to develop forward-thinking strategy, plans, and software throughout Company.
- Work closely with the marketing and research and development to ensure application user-experience meets customer needs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of programming experience through work or personal projects with a strong working knowledge of:
- AWS Lambdas, Dynamo, Beanstalk, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch, CloudFront etc.
- Relational/Non-Relational DB experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with team members at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Experienced in problem solving, and able to follow a methodical yet flexible implementation process.
- US citizenship status
- Interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy