Position Title: Marketing Manager - Clinical Diagnostics
Location: Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
Zymo Research is looking for a Marketing Director to join Zymo Research’s Clinical Diagnostics Commercialization team. The Marketing Director will lead the commercial exploration of all Zymo products for clinical diagnostic usage. These products including sample collection, DNA/RNA purification, Microbiomics, epigenetics, and more. The Marketing Director’s primary responsibilities include leading the development of product marketing strategies, competitive research, identification of key value messaging, and developing and managing marketing campaigns (roadmap) across all appropriate channels.
The successful Marketing Director will collaborate closely with cross-functional product and account teams. They will increase product line awareness, deliver increased demand, and report results. The successful applicant must be comfortable and effective communicating strategy, insights, value, plans, and results to various stakeholders at all levels of the business.
The ideal candidate has a track record of success leading clinical diagnostic product marketing and marketing communications with a balance of vision, creativity, and organization skills. If you are looking to join a dynamic, growing team in a high-impact role, we want to speak with you. The position is full-time and is based in the Zymo Research operations office in Tustin, CA.
Marketing Director Responsibilities:
- Lead the development, documentation, and communication of marketing strategies aimed at the diagnostic, and clinical laboratories market.
- Develop clear, concise value messaging to drive impactful campaigns.
- Identify key diagnostic and clinical segments to target in various appropriate channels.
- Perform market research, product positioning, and pricing exercises to create or identify competitive advantages.
- Collaborate with scientists, product managers, and marketing operations to develop communications, campaigns, and plans.
- Build integrated marketing campaigns and plans across various channels using an omnichannel approach.
- Analyze, and identify new opportunities to increase reach and market share.
- Create and analyze key performance metrics of campaigns and communicate strategies and plans for improvement.
- Foster stakeholder relationships and proactively communicate marketing activities as well as campaign progress, insights, and results.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and market trends.
- Regularly communicate trends and learning to stakeholders and provide strategic recommendations for product roadmaps and market position.
Marketing Director Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or Management, or related field. M.B.A. and/or Minor in the Biological Sciences (e.g., molecular biology) is a plus.
- At least 7 years leading global marketing strategy, strategic initiatives, and campaigns for healthcare product lines.
- At least 3 years leading or managing product marketing aimed directly at the diagnostic, and clinical laboratories market.
- Hands-on experience with operations of clinical testing, diagnostic, and clinical labs.
- In-depth understanding of marketing functions including strategic and tactical marketing, marketing communications, market research, product management, distribution channels, competitive intelligence, and customer relationship management.
- Solid understanding of Emergency Use Authorization, FDA approval, and CE-IVD markings.
- Proven experience and clear track record of success growing market share in a B2B products and services marketing role.
- Ability to analyze data and use customer research, data, and metrics to back up assumptions identify opportunities, and assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Strong execution capability in a complex, rapidly evolving business.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, and presentation skills including the ability to clearly convey complex ideas and concepts.
- Self-starter with excellent self-leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with relevant technology (MSOffice – Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Project Management tools, etc.).