Position Title: Marketing Manager - Nucleic Acid
Location: Tustin, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
Zymo Research is looking for a Marketing Manager to join our Commercialization team. The Marketing Manager will lead marketing strategy, alliance management, channel marketing, and campaign initiatives for Zymo’s largest product portfolio: Nucleic Acid. The Marketing Manager’s responsibilities include leading the development of product marketing strategies, competitive research, identification of key value messaging, and developing and managing marketing campaigns (roadmap) across all appropriate channels.
The successful Marketing Manager will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including product management, distribution, and account management teams. They will increase Nucleic Acid product awareness, deliver increased demand, and report results. The successful applicant must be comfortable and effective communicating strategy, insights, value, plans, and results to various stakeholders at all levels of the business.
The ideal candidate has a track record of success leading marketing campaigns in the bioscience and/or healthcare space with a balance of creativity/vision and organization skills. If you are looking to join a dynamic, growing team in a high-impact role, we want to speak with you. The position is full-time and is based in the Zymo Research operations office in Tustin, CA.
Marketing Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead the development, documentation, and communication of marketing strategies.
- Develop clear, concise value messaging to drive impactful campaigns.
- Identify key audience segments to target in various appropriate channels.
- Perform market research, product positioning, and pricing exercises to create or identify competitive advantages.
- Collaborate with scientists, product managers, and marketing operations to develop communications, campaigns, and plans.
- Build integrated marketing campaigns and plans across various channels using an omnichannel approach.
- Analyze, and identify new opportunities to increase reach and market share.
- Create and analyze key performance metrics of campaigns and communicate strategies and plans for improvement.
- Foster stakeholder relationships and proactively communicate marketing activities as well as campaign progress, insights, and results.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and market trends.
- Regularly communicate trends and learning to stakeholders and provide strategic recommendations for product roadmaps and market position.
Marketing Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or Management, or related field. M.B.A. and/or Minor in the Biological Sciences (e.g., molecular biology) is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years in a marketing role with 5 years minimum leading Omnichannel campaigns with accountability for campaign results.
- In-depth understanding of marketing functions including strategic and tactical marketing, marketing communications, market research, product management, distribution channels, competitive intelligence, and customer relationship management.
- Ability to analyze data and use customer research, data, and metrics to back up assumptions identify opportunities, and assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Experience marketing global medical devices, biotech products and/or services and a familiarity with operations of routine research and clinical testing a plus.
- Market development experience a plus.
- Proven experience and clear track record of success growing market share in a B2B products and services marketing role.
- Strong execution capability in a complex, rapidly evolving business.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, and presentation skills including the ability to clearly convey complex ideas and concepts.
- Self-starter with excellent self-leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with relevant technology (MSOffice – Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Project Management tools, etc.).
- A working knowledge of marketing and CRM tools, with exposure to salesforce sales tools.