Summary/Contribution of Position:
The goal of the Application Specialist is to drive the growth of the Nucleic Acids consumables (sample collection and purification) business by developing a deep understanding of the market and customer needs. A successful Application Specialist will use their thorough understanding of the market to drive the development of new products/applications, and correctly position and market products within the market.
As a Application Specialist at Zymo Research you will have an opportunity to work with a talented marketing group and team of world-class scientists to drive the growth of genomics reagents through the development of tools that will affect and shape the biomedical industry. As the Application Specialist, you will contribute to Zymo’s strategic planning and continuously be encouraged to explore new ideas as a part of navigating and innovating in this highly competitive field. Zymo Research offers tremendous room for growth as we continuously explore new directions and expand.
Zymo Research is a private biotechnology company that has steadily maintained double digit growth for the past 24 years by providing innovative world-class molecular biology research tools. With our continual innovations in Epigenetics, Microbiomics and Nucleic Acid Purification/Sample Collection we fully expect to maintain this rapid growth for years to come. We strive to bring the best out of each of our employees and continually encourage personal growth and development. We embrace the golden rule “treat others as you would like to be treated” and operate using this principle at every level. We hold ourselves to this rule when working with customers, each other, collaborators, or competitors. As a consequence, the company is flexible and compassionate towards it employees recognizing them as people and key contributors to the success of the company. We see ourselves as a family all pushing to achieve our objective of contributing to society, which has led to an environment that promotes teamwork and collaboration.
Put simply, Zymo Research strives to bring the best out of everyone with the goal of simplifying the world through science.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Product Management & Marketing
- Manage one the Nucleic Acid product portfolios (e.g. sample collection, nucleic acid purification, etc.).
- Develop and implement a customer driven strategy and related product roadmap.
- Define user and market needs and serve as a liaison between R&D and marketing to ensure effective communication and translation of ideas.
- Maintain deep understanding of the market, customers, competitors, and technologies to provide market segmentation and analysis
- Develop overall product strategy and execute it by launching new products and managing existing products, positioning products (e.g. targeted applications), developing sales tools, and clearly communicating the value proposition to our marketing team, distributors, and customers.
- Ongoing care and support of product line, including monitoring of customer satisfaction, competitor activity, new customer needs and marketing support materials.
Education and Experience
- Requires a minimum of a Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Immunology, Virology, Molecular Biology or a related field and at least 1 year of Postdoctoral work with first-authorship on at least 2 scientific publications.
- M.S. in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Immunology, Virology, Molecular Biology or a related field with 3+ years of product management experience in the life science industry.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ingenuity and creativity
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Scientific objectivity and focus
- Ability to execute and deliver
- Project and team leadership
- Organization Skills