Position Title: NetSuite Process Specialist
Location: 17062 Murphy Ave, Irvine, CA
Reports to: Director of Nucleic Acid Products
Zymo Research’s NetSuite Administrator owns and is accountable for uptime and continuity of the NetSuite application across the enterprise. The NetSuite Administrator is responsible for actively managing the administration of Zymo Research’s NetSuite application. Furthermore, the role includes developing and managing 3rd party integrations to the NetSuite application.
The following is a brief description of responsibilities. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- The primary point of contact in the organization with regards to all aspects of NetSuite and data maintenance as well as 3rd party integrations.
- Planning, reviewing, developing, and customizing NetSuite application and integrations as needed to meet the needs of the organization staff and goals.
- Document functional and technical requirements, system configuration, data integrity and all system-related policies and procedures.
- Maintenance and daily management of the NetSuite application.
- Technical and system administration, including data integration with multiple systems: research, marketing, business development, account management, finance, manufacturing, inventory management, shipping, and customer service.
- Developing and regularly conducting data queries and data integrity quality assurance tactics resolving issues as they arise and proactively.
- Participate in NetSuite application adoption and satisfaction, including training users on the NetSuite application relevant to their role.
- Provide day-to-day support to users and maintain proper system access.
- Monitoring end-user usage of systems, tracking performance, performing daily administrative and support tasks, and maintaining and dating system documentation.
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines for usage, enhancements, and new developments to ensure the quality of data and perform regular data audits.
- Project management, development, functional testing and rollout of customizations, custom objects, new enhancements, application releases and system integration based on user needs and business goals.
- 4-year College Degree in a relevant discipline (MIS, IT business/computer science).
- 2-5 years' experience working with NetSuite software and relational databases, SQL development, data integration and analysis, system implementation and system integration.
- Previous experience with QuickBooks, SalesForce.com, Kalviyo.
- Experience with financial accounting, customer management and sales force automation software.
- Experience managing own projects from start to finish.
- Detailed understanding of common industry standard business practices as related to Accounting, Sales Force Management, Inventory Management and Support, Payroll, Expense Tracking, Order Processing, Returns, Ecommerce, Shopping Carts and Website Usability.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Visio and MS Project.
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively in problem solving environment.
- Ability to balance technical skills with business savvy transforming end-user needs into technical and functional requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills: ability to form relationships both externally and internally.
- Strong verbal and written communication ability across large, growing organization.
- Proficient in English language.
- Independent, self-motivated team player who seeks to own products or service in an organization.
- Ability to remain flexible, re-prioritize, and respond to changing demands swiftly.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Proactive in efforts to gain information and collaborate with others.
- Healthy sense of urgency with strong time-management skills.
Larry Jia, M.D., founded Zymo Research Corporation in 1994. With humble beginnings, he started manufacturing the first DNA/RNA extraction and purification products for E. coli and yeast out of a garage in Orange, California. Today, Zymo Research is a multi-million dollar company with its headquarters based in Irvine, California. In addition to its California headquarters, Zymo Research has two international branches located in Freiburg, Germany and Beijing, China. The company's DNA and RNA extraction kits are used mainly by academic and biopharmaceutical scientists, who need to isolate and purify DNA/RNA from tissue, blood or serum samples. Zymo Research is also known for its epigenetics line of products used in DNA methylation detection and quantitation. They carved out a niche in this market by being an early adopter in the field of epigenetics and by offering a high-quality product. They are considered the leader in this market space. One of the keys to Zymo's success in the past 25 years has been their ability to listen to their customers and react quickly. Their tagline "The Beauty of Science is to Make Things Simple" is a mantra that is reflected in every one of their products. From epigenetics to RNA/DNA isolation, each product is designed to be both simple in use and robust in its performance.
Inside Zymo Research
Zymo Research's core beliefs are based on innovation, quality, and customer service. These three paradigms are ingrained in their company culture. They believe their products are the most reliable and uphold to the highest standards of quality in the industry as evidenced by their ISO 9001 certification. They have also received Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Award for Leadership in Epigenetics Product Quality.
To provide the most reliable, innovative, and valuable biomedical tools and services to our customers through research and strategic development.
To have a positive impact in the biomedical field and to contribute to the greater good of humanity.
“Treat others as you would like to be treated.” We strongly believe this principle dictates teamwork and open communication.