Summary/Contribution of Position:
Zymo Research is seeking highly motivated individuals with passion for innovations to join our research and development team. The qualified individual will perform research & development on various solid support matrices, lysis & binding buffer formulation and nucleic acid elution conditions for DNA purification, isolation and extraction from various complex sample types. Incumbent will be a subject matter expert for one or more products in the Genomic DNA, DNA Cleanup, Plasmid and/or Environmental DNA purification product portfolio segments.
You will be working closely with some of the most talented people in the life sciences field specifically in the cutting-edge technologies of Epigenetics, Microbiomics and Nucleic Acid purification and handling.
If you are passionate about helping people in advancing science and working with awesome teams in a fast-growing company, we want you!
In this role, you will:
- Design, plan and execute experiments on all milestone tasks for new or original ideas and/or technology improvements on existing products.
- Demonstrate proof-of-concept for novel or technical improvements of existing nucleic acid purification technology.
- Compile, analyze, interpret results and present data.
- Lead the product development activities and write experiment design protocols.
- Participate in product manufacturing transfer and involved in the preparation of manufacturing documents including SOPs, specification sheets, product performance testing procedure and establish manufacturing release criteria.
- Develop product user guides, product inserts, technical notes and other marketing & sales training collaterals.
- Perform related nucleic acid purification study for targeted application in specific market segment that leads to relevant application notes, peer review journal publications and/or posters.
- Provide technical expertise to the Technical Product Support team and be part of the customer technical issue escalation support.
- Involve in internal & external customer insight engagement to obtain feedback on product performance, user needs and issues for future product enhancement or new product development.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise research associates or technicians.
- Product training for sales, distributor and marketing team.
- Involve in product development strategy and roadmap.
- Participate in on-site customer visits to obtain product performance & utility feedback and observe customer applications workflow as part of customer insight analysis.
- Present technical presentation at conferences & workshops and assist with booth duties at industry tradeshows.
- Travel 25% - post COVID travel restrictions.
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. degree with a minimum of two years of post-graduate laboratory experience in Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Bioengineering or related field.
- Experience in performing nucleic acid purifications from difficult and highly contaminated samples and/or extracting small of nucleic acid from biological or environmental samples is desirable.
- Familiarity with molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell biology techniques, including PCR, qPCR, cloning, restriction digests, gel electrophoresis, DNA fragment separation etc.
- A proven track record in designing, executing, analyzing, and troubleshooting laboratory experiments.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience working in an industry position in a customer facing role such as application or field support scientist.
- Experience in using next-generation sequencing platform.
- Experience using primer design programs such as BLAST and UCSC Genome Browser.
This position is open to those currently residing in and authorized to work in the USA.