Position Title: Product Manager
Location: Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
Zymo Research is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our team. The qualified individual has experience within the life sciences, biotechnology, or biopharmaceutical industries managing multiple products, conducting competitive market analysis, formulating product positioning, as well as market entry strategies. Successful candidate must have proven track record in bringing relevant products to market that address customer needs.
Product Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Partner with R&D team lead(s) to capture customer insights (VOC)
- Assist in product roadmap & strategy development
- Help standardize new product introduction (RD to MFG & commercial)
- Product portfolio oversight to ensure no product overlap (unless required or by design)
- Product sales & marketing training, technical & quality training
- Business operation management and support
- Technical collaborations – technology / product visibility
- Assist and/or drive KOL development and ownership
- Manage publications, white papers, webinars, presentations and tradeshows
- Liaison between R&D and commercial operation team (marketing, other)
Product Manager Qualifications:
- BA, BS or MS degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology or related field and 2-5 years product management experience in life sciences, biotechnology, biopharmaceutical industry or closely related fields. MBA is a plus.
- Experience in, and/or understanding of NGS, qPCR, and microbiomics or metagenomics analysis are a plus.
- Demonstrate effective and clear verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to work across functional groups to drive results.
- Travel up to 25% of time (post-COVID).
- Familiarity with and/or understanding of bioinformatic analysis concepts and assay development process are a plus.
- Ideal candidate will work independently but interact and collaborate with other team members in BU product management, R&D, application, marketing, business development, service and operation groups.