Position Title: Product Marketing Manager
Location: Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
Pangea Laboratory is seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager to join our CAP/CLIA operation team. The qualified individual will be familiar in managing clinical lab test services, conducting market analysis, analyzing competitor product & positioning, establishing & executing marketing plan focusing on regional and national growth. Successful candidate must have a proven track record in launching new infectious disease or genetic testing and developing overall product portfolio strategy.
Product Manager / Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct customer insights (voice of customer) interviews and/or surveys to identify customer needs, insurance re-imbursement practices, and un-met market needs.
- Perform competitive market analysis, market segmentations, identify high growth & demand market, and develop new market entry strategy.
- Evaluate new clinical molecular testing platforms to address clients and un-met market needs.
- Develop and execute go-to-market launch plan for new service product offerings.
- Conduct regional marketing & promotional campaigns to generate new clients.
- Business operation excellence in forecasting, planning, pricing, margin and ensuring high quality data for clients.
- Responsible for P/L and revenue for molecular and infectious disease testing.
Product Manager / Director Qualifications:
- Must have BA, BS or MS degree in medical technology, molecular biology, microbiology or related field. M.D. degree and/or MLT(ASCP) license is preferred but not required.
- Must have at least 2-3 years clinical lab molecular or infectious disease testing product and marketing management experience.
- MBA degree in marketing and/or strategy is highly desirable.
- Demonstrate effective and clear verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to work across functional groups to drive results.
- Travel up to 25% of time (post-COVID).
- Familiarity with precision molecular testing concepts and assays is a plus.
- Ideal candidate will work independently but interact and collaborate with other team members in sales, laboratory operations, finance, business development, R&D and regulatory groups.