Position Title: Research Associate
Location: 17062 Murphy Ave, Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
Zymo Research is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our R&D team as Research Associate. The qualified individual will lead and execute R&D projects for product development, optimization, and quality control.
You will be working closely with some of the most talented people in the life sciences field specifically in the cutting-edge technologies of next-generation sequencing (NGS) and nucleic acids handling.
If you are passionate about helping people in advancing science and working with awesome teams in a fast-growing company, we want you!
In this role, you will:
- Design and conduct scientific experiments for product development, performance troubleshooting, and protocol optimization
- Analyze and interpret data to obtain insights for project progressing
- Provide recommendations to the team leader on the next steps of the assigned projects
- Keep current with project pertaining literature and apply relevant findings to ongoing research projects
- Collaborate with other R&D team members to further multifaceted projects
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Technical support for incoming customer inquiries
- Work closely with internal subject matter experts, product managers, application, marketing, and manufacturing on RNA NGS product related technical details
- Project presentation to upper-level management, technical review committee, marketing and sales organization
Education and Experience
- An MS degree or a BS with a minimum of one-year laboratory experience in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry or related field
- Experience performing molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell biology techniques, including PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, gel electrophoresis, cloning, restriction enzyme digestion, nucleic acid purification etc
- A proven track record of designing, executing, analyzing, documenting, and troubleshooting laboratory experiments
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of or experience in general NGS or RNA-Seq
- Experience using programs such as BLAST and UCSC Genome Browser
This position is open to those currently residing in and authorized to work in the USA.