Position Title: Research Associate - Biomedical Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
Zymo Research is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our R&D team as Research Associate. The qualified individual will lead and execute R&D projects for product development, optimization, and quality control.
You will be working closely with some of the most talented people in the life sciences field, specifically in the development of products for sample collection, stabilization, and processing.
If you are passionate about helping people in advancing science and working with awesome teams in a fast-growing company, we want you!
In this role, you will:
- Design new products for sample collection, storage, stabilization, and processing.
- Evaluate products and develop/implement protocols for the validation and verification of the product.
- Generates design concepts in conformance with product specifications and established engineering principles.
- Analyze and interpret data to obtain insights for project progressing.
- Provide recommendations to the team leader on the next steps of the assigned projects.
- Assists in maintaining and evaluating reliability compliance processes and procedures to meet regulatory requirements.
- Keep current with project pertaining literature and apply relevant findings to ongoing research projects.
- Participates in some phases of product development, which may range from defining customer requirements and designing concepts to manufacturing transfer and product launch.
- Collaborate with other R&D team members to further multifaceted projects.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Technical support for incoming customer inquiries.
- Work closely with internal subject matter experts, product managers, application, marketing, and manufacturing on sample collection and stabilization products.
- Project presentation to upper-level management, technical review committee, marketing and sales organization.
Education and Experience
- An MS degree or a BS in bioengineering, biomedical engineering, or related disciplines (e.g. chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science) with some emphasis in the fields of medicine or biology.
- Familiar working with Solidworks or similar CAD softwares.
- A proven track record of designing, executing, analyzing, documenting, and troubleshooting design projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience performing molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell biology techniques, including PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, gel electrophoresis, cloning, restriction enzyme digestion, nucleic acid purification etc.
- Familiar with the principles of injection molding.
- Medical device R&D experience preferred.
- Experience in CAPA elements is preferred.
This position is open to those currently residing in and authorized to work in the USA.