Position Title: Research Associate - Protein Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
Zymo Research is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our R&D team as Research Associate. The qualified individual will lead and execute R&D projects for product development, optimization, and quality control.
You will be working closely with some of the most talented people in the life sciences field, developing recombinant proteins and peptides production methods.
If you are passionate about helping people in advancing science and working with awesome teams in a fast-growing company, we want you!
In this role, you will:
- Design and conduct scientific experiments for product development, performance troubleshooting, and protocol optimization.
- Analyze and interpret data to obtain insights for project progressing.
- Provide recommendations to the team leader on the next steps of the assigned projects.
- Keep current with project pertaining literature and apply relevant findings to ongoing research projects.
- Collaborate with other R&D team members to further multifaceted projects.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Technical support for incoming customer inquiries.
- Work closely with internal subject matter experts, product managers, application, marketing, and manufacturing on technical details.
- Project presentation to upper-level management, technical review committee, marketing, and sales organization.
- An MS degree or a BS with a minimum of one-year laboratory experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field.
- Experience performing molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell biology techniques, including PCR, gel electrophoresis, cloning, protein purification etc.
- A proven track record of designing, executing, analyzing, documenting, and troubleshooting laboratory experiments.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of or experience in protein purification.
- Experience with microbial culturing.