|R&D - Assay Development (Oncology)
Zymo Research is looking for a dynamic individual to join our Assay Development R&D Team! This is an exciting opportunity to explore the impact of cutting-edge methods, technologies, and applications in the fields of molecular biology, epigenetics, and oncology.
In this role, you will be responsible for efficiently executing experiments, compiling data, and communicating research findings. You will be mentored by a senior team member to support and effectively guide your contributions to research project objectives.
The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated learner, an effective team player, and possess a strong interest in learning about molecular biology, epigenetics, experimental design, and oncology. The successful candidate should also have be detail-oriented and have experience in basic molecular biology laboratory techniques with an emphasis on PCR methodologies.
If you are passionate about directly contributing to scientific advancement alongside industry veterans in a highly collaborative environment, we want you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support scientific experiments for product development, performance troubleshooting, and protocol optimization.
- Perform nucleic acid purification, PCR, qPCR, and other molecular techniques.
- Assist with data collection and interpretation.
- Review, summarize and apply relevant literature and technical documentation as needed.
- Maintain accurate and detailed project documentation.
- Contribute to weekly R&D team meetings by clearly and concisely communicating research findings and challenges.
Education and Experience:
- Have or working towards a BS or MS in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or related field. Preferably a recent graduate or someone with junior or senior standing at an accredited university.
- Basic laboratory skills including PCR, qPCR, nucleic acid purification, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Since its inception in 1994, Zymo Research has been proudly serving the scientific community by providing innovative, reliable, and high-quality research tools and products. Whether it's DNA, RNA, epigenetics, microbiomics, protein, or yeast-based research, our philosophy remains the same: To provide the highest quality products in the industry while ensuring they are both simple to use and reliable in their performance.
Recognized as a Top Workplace by the Orange County Register in 2021, 2022, and named a Top Workplace USA in 2023, Zymo Research continues to be a vibrant community where employees thrive, feel connected, and are inspired by their work. If you are passionate about contributing to scientific advancement and want to be part of an exceptional team in a dynamic, growing company, we'd love to hear from you!
The estimated base compensation range for this position is $20 per hour at the time of posting. Actual compensation details will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Zymo Research welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. These include sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state, or local law.
Onsite – Zymo Research HQ – 17062 Murphy Ave, Irvine, CA 92614