Summary/Contribution of Position:
Zymo Research is searching for a driven, detail-oriented content creator to produce high-quality written content by working closely with scientists and the marketing team. The content creator will learn technical aspects of our sample collection products from lead scientists and work closely with marketing to create content such as blogs, ads, landing pages, social media posts, emails, webinars, podcast episodes, videos, print marketing materials and more.
An ideal candidate will have experience or interest in life science, biotech or similar industries, with a strong desire to learn and help support marketing campaigns.
Content Creator Responsibilities:
- Writing, reviewing, editing, and updating content for company websites, blogs, ads, social media posts, emails, print marketing materials, and similar channels.
- Help customers and important collaborators choose the right sample collection products to meet their needs.
- Review marketing content for regulatory requirements and accuracy, including CE-IVD, 510(k) and FDA EUA.
- Conducting research and interviews to learn more about current trends, developments, and perceptions about the subject matter, and then contextualizing your findings.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with important customers and coordinating guest webinars and podcasts with marketing.
- Assisting the creative team with the design of promotional materials.
- Assisting with the creation of sales training tools for distributors and internal technical training.
- Utilizing SEO methods to increase site traffic.
- Suggesting new ways to promote company offerings and to reach consumers.
Content Creator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Biology, Communications, Marketing, or a similar field.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading, and editing.
- Ability to write to a high-level audience (specifically scientists)
- Comfortable with scientific jargon and vocabulary
- Experience creating strong, engaging written content.
- Relevant writing examples.
- The ability to come into the office Monday-Friday.
- An understanding of SEO best practices is a plus.
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- The capacity to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy.