Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Temp-to-hire
Summary/Contribution of Position
Responsible for picking, packing and shipping Zymo Research Corp. products to customers. Ensure shipping of products is on schedule and is in accordance with quality standards. Perform some manufacturing duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shipping of Zymo Research Corp. Products
- Preparation of orders for shipment according to invoices
- Pick and package orders
- Documentation of lot numbers and quantities of orders on invoice
- Coordinate with the Customer Service department and Manufacturing department to check inventory to verify availability of needed products
- Notify the Manufacturing and Production Manager of product shortages
- Package and ship in accordance with packaging guidelines and accepted methods/practices
- Coordinate with the Customer Service department to process replacement and back orders
- Monitor packaging material supplies and notify the Manufacturing and Production Manager when materials reach the restocking point
- Unload/receive material as required
- Perform housekeeping duties in areas assigned
- Pull products from inventory and assemble components into kits and kit sub-assemblies using quality system documents. (These tasks will be carried out under supervision until area supervisor determines that competency has been demonstrated.)
- Label components and kits accurately, under supervision.
Dispensing of Chemicals and Buffers
- Setup and operation of the semi-automated dispensing, capping and labeling equipment
- Documentation of processes, lot numbers, and batch records.
- Assist in monitoring inventory of supplies needed for product assembly.
- Maintenance of equipment
- The position requires a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years of experience in a shipping and manufacturing environment in the biotech, pharmaceutical, diagnostics, food, or chemical industry.
- Some experience working in a scientific environment with exposure to various production and packaging equipment.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Good organizational and prioritization skills.
- Must have 2-5 years shipping/receiving experience
- Basic computer skills preferred (typing, etc.)
- Manual dexterity to assemble kits and dispense product.
- Ability to frequently move objects weighing up to 30 -40 pounds.
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time.
- Listening Skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Data collection and ordering
- Time management
- Stress tolerance