Location: Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
Zymo Research is looking for a Social Media Marketing Manager to join our Commercialization team. The Social Media Marketing Manager will lead all social media brand awareness, paid social media campaigns, and actively manage all social media profiles. The Social Media Marketing Manager’s primary responsibilities include social media marketing campaign planning, social media content creation, post scheduling, and to develop and implement ideas designed to drive engagement and build our passionate and appropriate audience.
The successful Social Media Marketing Manager will collaborate closely with cross-functional product, marketing, and account teams, ensuring every post is technically accurate, approved, and consistent with Zymo Research’s brand voice. They will increase marketing reach, deliver increased engagement, generate purchasing interest, and report results. The successful applicant must be comfortable and effective communicating strategy, insights, plans, and results to various stakeholders at all levels of the business.
The ideal candidate has a track record of success leading social media marketing efforts, is incredibly detail-oriented with a balance of creativity and solid execution skills. If you are looking to join a dynamic, growing team in a high-impact role, we want to speak with you. The position is full-time and is based in the Zymo Research operations office in Tustin, CA.
Social Media Marketing Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies that drive growth, engagement, and community across our social channel set (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, ResearchGate, TikTok, and YouTube).
- Heavily research our audience, competitors, and social media trends in the life sciences space.
- Manage content deliverables (e.g., photography, graphic design, video) to execution by collaborating with creative team and marketing managers.
- Filming and editing product protocol videos (how-to videos).
- Implement and manage organic and paid social media marketing campaigns.
- Develop social media best practices in the Company and build on our social media marketing style to ensure followers receive brand-appropriate messaging.
- Provide creative marketing and product teams with data-driven insights that reveal the behavior of customers.
- Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices, competitor activity, and other social media trends to bring forward early adopter technologies and trends.
- Analyze metrics and provide monthly reports that demonstrate growth and engagement across social and provide learnings and recommendations for improvements
- Collaborate with other Commercialization marketing team members on strategies, promotions, and campaigns.
- Manage budgets and report on social marketing production, campaigns, and platform tools.
Social Media Marketing Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or Management, or related field. Minor in the Biological Sciences (e.g., molecular biology) or relevant experience in biotech/life sciences is a plus.
- 5+ years of direct work experience in social media and marketing.
- 3+ years of direct experience in paid social media marketing.
- Extensive experience managing high-budget paid LinkedIn campaigns.
- Graphic design experience in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Video filming and editing experience using Adobe Premier.
- Proven track record of creating and executing effective social media marketing content and campaigns.
- Working experience with Webinars, Facebook live studio, and/or Instagram live experience for large brands. Crowdcast.io experience is a plus.
- Ability to help edit and review content marketing pieces as needed.
- Experience with paid marketing budget management for large-scale campaigns.
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to follow directions.
- Creative, organized, accountable, and a self-starter.
- Able to work both independently and as a collaborator.
- Numerical, statistical & analytical skills.
- Passion for science - someone who has deep interest in Bio science and its impact on the World.
- Agile and able to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.