Position Title: Technical Manufacturing and QC Associate
Location: 17062 Murphy Ave, Irvine, CA 92614
Reports to: Technical Manufacturing Manager
Summary/Contribution of Position:
Assist in the manufacturing of various chemicals, buffers, and other product-related components to ensure consistent product performance. Responsible for conducting quality control tests on various chemicals, buffers, and other product-related components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Technical Manufacturing Manager to manufacture chemicals, buffers, and cells for Zymo Research’s products.
2. Product Quality Control
- Initiate and implement appropriate experiments according to the SOP in order to accept or reject the release of product(s) and other related product components.
- Ensure products maintain consistent performance by implementing appropriate experiments according to the SOP.
- Analyze quality control experiments results to accept or reject product release.
- Keep a clear, complete and accurate account of all manufacturing and product quality control testing through the appropriate use of Batch Data Records, lab notebooks, summary reports, and work order documentation.
- Light manufacturing duties may include assembly of buffers, and/or chemicals for ZRC kits.
Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years lab experience required with a BS degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Immunology, Virology, Molecular Biology or related field.
- 1-2 years research experience
- Interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Data collection and ordering
- Stress tolerance
- Ongoing Scientific Reading habits