Technical Marketing Associate
|Department:||R&D - Nucleic Acid (DNA/RNA)|
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our DNA Purification Department. The candidate will work in close collaboration with the commercialization manager, research staff, and marketing team to develop promotional and technical content for our DNA Purification products.
The ideal candidate for this position is able to plan, develop, create, and execute marketing campaigns and materials about technical topics related to our DNA purification product lines. The ideal candidate is also able to work independently as well as in a multidisciplinary team, contribute to discussions and meetings with original ideas, and to communicate effectively with the rest of the team and the upper management. The ideal candidate has scientific knowledge in the field of molecular biology, excellent writing and technical skills, and, ideally, experience in nucleic acid purification, transformation, transfection, cloning, PCR and sequencing.
As a Technical Marketing Associate at Zymo Research you will have the opportunity to work with talented multidisciplinary teams of researchers and marketing staff to develop technical content that will contribute to product and brand awareness, lead acquisition, sales, business development, and product training. You will be deeply involved in the development and execution of marketing campaigns for our DNA purification products and encouraged to explore new channels and ideas to increase our market share. Zymo Research offers tremendous room for professional growth for highly motivated, skilled, and enthusiastic individuals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Write original copy for digital and print marketing collateral.
- Create technical figures and tables for customer facing content.
- Contribute to the creation of technical seminars, white papers, application notes and posters.
- Review and summarize scientific literature to support the development of technical content.
- Assist marketing team with art design and layout of promotional material.
- Occasionally perform experiments in the wet lab to support marketing campaigns.
- Provide peer review and oversight for accuracy and quality of content.
- Contribute to the development of compelling, differentiating value propositions, positioning, and messaging at the solution, product, and segment level.
- Assist with marketing campaign execution across channels, including email, online, social, and mail.
- Track results, review analytics, and provide ROI of marketing activities.
Education and Work Experience:
- Scientific background, particularly in the field of biochemistry, genomics, molecular biology, and cell biology.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or related field.
- Requires at least one year of work experience in the life science field in an academic or industrial setting.
- Demonstrates well-developed written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish highly functional relationships with diverse personalities, both within and outside the company. Open, customer-focused style of communication.
- Prior work experience in sales or marketing not necessary, but desired.
Since its inception in 1994, Zymo Research has been proudly serving the scientific community by providing innovative, reliable, and high-quality research tools and products. Whether it's DNA, RNA, epigenetics, microbiomics, protein, or yeast-based research, our philosophy remains the same: To provide the highest quality products in the industry while ensuring they are both simple to use and reliable in their performance.
Recognized as a Top Workplace by the Orange County Register in 2021, 2022, and named a Top Workplace USA in 2023, Zymo Research continues to be a vibrant community where employees thrive, feel connected, and are inspired by their work. If you are passionate about contributing to scientific advancement and want to be part of an exceptional team in a dynamic, growing company, we'd love to hear from you!
The estimated hourly range for this position is $30 – 34/hour at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Zymo Research welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. These include sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Onsite - Zymo Research Operations - 2961 Dow Ave. Tustin, CA 92780