Position Title: Technical Sales Support Specialist
Location: Irvine, CA
Zymo Research is looking for a Customer Service Representative/Technical Sales Support with experience in new customer acquisition and retaining client accounts to grow revenue. The responsibilities include helping build and maintain a sales pipeline and client database, scheduling and attending sales meetings to provide progress updates, and researching and sharing industry trends. They will be able to identify new sales opportunities through marketing lead-gen activities, internal and external networking initiatives, and customer referrals. They will also be managing customer inquiries, navigating customer needs, and generating business. They will be a source of lead generation for the sales team.
They will increase sales and serve as a main point of contact between clients and Zymo Research. Finally, the successful applicant will be passionate about winning and constantly thinking of ways for Zymo Research to gain a competitive advantage in the fields of biotechnology, reagent provision and molecular diagnostic markets. The position is full-time and is based in the Zymo Research operations office in Irvine, CA.
What you'll do:
- Engage with prospective customers
- Lead the resolution of invoicing, ordering and payment issues.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- You’ll be expected to come up with great ideas on different ways we can go after the market and increase the leads we generate.
- Manage existing client accounts by ensuring that customers remain highly satisfied with product and service offering.
- Survey, develop, and implement effective plans to retain and grow existing client base.
- Identify client needs and communicate how products and services fulfill those needs.
- Draft solid proposals and quotes to convince potential and existing customers to purchase new or additional products and services.
- Provide ongoing sales forecasts to supply and manufacturing departments.
- Collect customer feedback to determine product and service shortfalls and identify new opportunities for market growth.
- Become a company advocate in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- understanding and interpreting technical requirements, providing technical information, and developing accounts.
- Closes new accounts by answering telephone, fax, and e-mail inquiries and verifying and entering information.
- Develops accounts by checking customer buying history, suggesting related and new items, and explaining technical features.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions and participating in educational opportunities.
- Developing leads and referrals.
- Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends and identifying sales opportunities.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new account, building rapport, providing technical information and explanations, and preparing quotations.
- BA or BS degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology or related field and 2-5 years technical sales experience, medical/pharma/device sales preferred but not required.
- Strong execution capability in a complex, rapidly evolving business.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, and presentation skills including the ability to clearly convey complex ideas and concepts.
- Proficiency with relevant technology (MSOffice – Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Project Management tools, etc.).