Position Title: Web Developer - Back-end (Python)
Location: Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
Zymo Research is a fast-paced, dynamic life science research company in Orange County, CA. We are seeking an experienced Python web developer to contribute to a customer facing data-rich web project and other projects. This position would be contract based and conversion to permanent position based on performance is possible. Working remotely during COVID-19 pandemic is possible.
- Work closely with other developers to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve data-driven web applications.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring on the topic of web development and cloud computing to the development team.
- Work closely with the Project Manager, scientists, and other internal stakeholders to support the growing customer base and business needs.
Skills and Requirements
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study, or Bioinformatics with relevant experience.
- Significant experience with Python web frameworks such as Django and Flask.
- Significant experience building REST API’s and applications for serverless environments.
- Significant experience with AWS (EC2, Batch, S3, RDS, etc) and connecting AWS services with web backend.
- Experience with designing, building and interacting with SQL databases.
- Willingness to follow best practices for code/system documentation and revision control.
- Experience with deploying complicated web application, preferably on AWS.
- Experience with DevOps tools and practices.
- Experience with Bioinformatics tools and data analysis.
- Basic understanding of popular front-end frameworks such as React.