Zymo Research is looking for a Inside Sales Representative to join our Commercialization team. The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for managing customer inquiries, navigating customer needs, and generating business. They will also be a source of lead generation for sales the team. The Inside Sales Representative will be critical in shaping and evolving the sales process, developing sales plans, meeting planned goals, and coordinating with the sales team on lead generation efforts. They will also be responsible for reaching sales goals as defined by sales management.
The successful Inside Sales Representative will work and collaborate closely with marketing and product management teams to achieve common goals. They will assist in developing playbooks, sales SOP’s, and other foundational documents to ensure their team is successful.
The ideal candidate has a track record reaching sales goals with a customer focus. Experience in medical device, bioscience, or other technical industry a plus. If you are looking to join a dynamic, growing team in a high-impact role, we want to speak with you. The position is full-time and is based in the Zymo Research operations office in Tustin, CA.
Inside Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Achieve monthly sales quotas and generate revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders, understanding and interpreting technical requirements, providing technical information, and developing accounts.
- Developing leads and referrals for adjacent sales team(s)
- Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends and identifying sales opportunities.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new account, building rapport, providing technical information and explanations, and preparing quotations.
- Closes new accounts by answering telephone, fax, and e-mail inquiries and verifying and entering information.
- Develops accounts by checking customer buying history, suggesting related and new items, and explaining technical features.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions and participating in educational opportunities.
- Prospecting and Closing skills
- Ability to own a technical sale
- Relationships building and customer focus
- Solution oriented sales process
- Data entry
Inside Sales Representative Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years of technical sales experience, medical/pharma/device sales preferred but not required
- Proven experience and clear track record of success growing market share in a B2B sales role.
- Tele sales experience required
- Strong execution capability in a complex, rapidly evolving business.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, and presentation skills including the ability to clearly convey complex ideas and concepts.
- Self-starter with excellent self-leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with relevant technology (MSOffice – Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Project Management tools, etc.).
- A working knowledge of marketing and CRM tools
- Bachelor's degree in in marketing, business administration, biology, chemistry or other science