Are you thinking about working in an industrial biotech environment after your graduation?Zymo Research is a 27-year-old biotech company which vision is to have a positive impact on the biomedical field and to contribute to the greater good of humanity. Zymo’s strong R&D programs continue to drive innovation in the biotech and diagnostic fields and to provide top quality products and services to our customers.
We are looking for a motivated and skilled research scientist to help us accomplish our vision. As a member of our R&D team you will help us pioneer new frontiers and translate new findings in the biomedical and diagnostic fields. Zymo culture is very friendly and collaborative, and the ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team environment as well as independently.
If you have these skills and the passion for life science, we encourage you to apply and join Zymo family.
Objective of this Role:
- Develop innovative protocols, assays, and detection systems for diagnostic use.
- Work in a multi-team environment to combine different technologies.
- Contribute to original ideas of major methodological significance, communicate, and discuss progress effectively with the research team.
- Deep understanding of the different nucleic acid amplification techniques.
- Deep understanding of different analytes (DNA, RNA, protein) detection methods.
- Engineering skills, especially in the design and prototype generation of devices (e.g. microfluidic devices).
- Good understanding of biopolymer linking chemistry and optic physic.
- Expertise in diverse biological areas.
- Understanding of the clinical diagnostics and of programming (R, Python) are considered a plus.
- Independent thinking.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to multitask and work flexibility.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Supervising skills
- PhD in life science.
- Previous industrial experiences.
- Publications in peer-reviewed studies.