Are you thinking about working in an industrial biotech environment after your graduation?Zymo Research is a 27-year-old biotech company which vision is to have a positive impact on the biomedical field and to contribute to the greater good of humanity. Zymo’s strong R&D programs continue to drive innovation in the biotech and diagnostic fields and to provide top quality products and services to our customers.
We are looking for a motivated and skilled research scientist to help us accomplish our vision. As a member of our R&D team you will help us pioneer new frontiers and translate new findings in the biomedical and diagnostic fields. Zymo culture is very friendly and collaborative, and the ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team environment as well as independently.
If you have these skills and the passion for life science, we encourage you to apply and join Zymo family.
Objective of this Role:
- Biomarker discovery and validation in vivo and in vitro using NGS and other techniques.
- Integrate multi-omics information with epidemiologic and observational data to generate algorithms.
- Generate meaningful datasets, interpret data, and develop new protocols and assays.
- Contribute to original ideas of major methodological significance, communicate, and discuss progress effectively with the research team.
- Proficiency in NGS data analysis and interpretation.
- Deep understanding of molecular biology and epigenetics.
- Proficiency in computational biology.
- Familiarity with programming (R, Python, Linux/UNIX).
- Expertise in diverse biological areas.
- Familiarity with different animal models.
- Independent thinking.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to multitask and work flexibility.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Understanding of the clinical diagnostics and nutritional field are considered a plus.
- Supervising skills
- PhD in life science.
- Previous industrial experiences.
- Publications in peer-reviewed studies.