Position Title: Product Manager - Epigenetics
Location: Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
Zymo Research is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our Epigenetics team. The qualified individual will be familiar in managing multiple epigenetic products, conducting competitive market analysis, formulating product positioning and new market entry strategy. Successful candidate must have proven track record in bringing relevant products to the market and translating customers’ needs into product offering as part of the organization product portfolio strategy.
Product Manager Key Responsibilities
- Conduct customer insights (voice of customer) interviews and/or surveys to identify customer needs.
- Perform competitive market analysis, market segmentations, technology utility & adoption, and develop market entry strategy.
- Identify critical user needs, lead new product and application development and execute successful product launch campaigns.
- Actively engage in product portfolio life cycle management as well as end-of-life product obsolescence.
- Business operation excellence in forecasting, planning, global pricing, margin and ensuring high level product quality.
- Provide technical marketing contents, service product positioning, and value propositions to the marketing team.
- Act as a liaison between R&D and commercial operation team.
Product Manager Qualifications
- Must have BA, BS or MS degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology or related field and 2-5 years product management experience in life sciences, biotechnology, biopharmaceutical industry or closely related fields. MBA degree in marketing and/or strategy is highly desirable.
- Experience in using NGS and qPCR techniques in the fields of microbiome, epigenetics, or gene expression analysis are a plus.
- Demonstrate effective and clear verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to work across functional groups to drive results.
- Travel up to 25% of time (post-COVID).
- Familiarity with bioinformatic analysis concepts and assay development process are a plus.
- Ideal candidate will work independently but interact and collaborate with other team members in BU product management, R&D, applications, marketing, business development, services and operations groups.