Position Title: Technical Applications Specialist I
Location: Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
Zymo Research is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Technical Product Support team. The qualified individual will assist our customers, distributors and channel partners with the support of our sample collections devices, nucleic acid purification and cleanup, epigenetics and microbiomics product lines.
You will be working closely with some of the most talented people in the life sciences field specifically in the cutting-edge technologies of epigenetics, microbiomics and nucleic acid purification and handling.
If you are passionate about helping people in advancing science and working with awesome teams in a fast-growing company, we want you!
In this role, you will:
- Provide technical and application support to end-users on our sample collection devices & transportation, nucleic acid purification, epigenetics and microbiomics products.
- Communicate with product team to solve technical questions from customers.
- Collaborate with our product team to onboard new customers.
- Maintain effective follow-up and potential resolutions regarding end-user issues.
- Assist in developing user guides, technical notes, and other marketing and training collaterals.
- Cultivate good relationships with customers and key accounts to increase their knowledge in utilizing Zymo Research products.
- Communicate with internal team to discuss path to ensure customer success and recommend enhancements to future product offering.
- Provide customer insight feedback and participate as consultant to the internal team for future product enhancement or new product development.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and assist distributing partners with the sales process.
- Identify and nurture high value opportunities in a cross-department team of research & development, product management, technical support, and sales.
- Provide reports on product performance and needed improvements based on end-user interactions and feedback.
- Keep current with literature and emerging trends in the discipline.
- Assist with booth duties at industry tradeshows.
- Travel 25% - post COVID travel restrictions.
Education and Experience
- An MS degree or a BS with a minimum of two years of post-graduate laboratory experience in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Experience performing molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell biology techniques, including PCR, qPCR, cloning, restriction digests, gel electrophoresis, nucleic acid purification etc.
- A proven track record of designing, executing, analyzing, and trouble laboratory experiments.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working in an industry position in a customer facing role such as applications specialist or demo specialist.
- Experience in using next-generation sequencing platform.
- Experience using programs such as BLAST and UCSC Genome Browser.
This position is open to those currently residing in and authorized to work in the USA.