Careers at Zymo Research
Summary/Contribution of Position
We are seeking a highly-motivated and proactive individual to join our R&D team as a Research Associate. Working side by side with some of the most talented people in biotechnology, the successful applicant will participate in semi-independent product research efforts targeted at driving either the development of novel, cutting-edge technology or improvements to products currently in our portfolio.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated clear leadership potential with ability to efficiently multi-task and manage a scientific research project, starting from the initial idea through to completion and publication in a peer-reviewed journal. The successful candidate will also be a quick learner, have strong interest in science, and be passionate about a career in research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in experimental design.
- Conduct complex, high-level scientific research activities.
- Interface with Principal Investigator to analyze experiments.
- Optimize experimental procedures.
- Read scientific literature pertaining to project and apply relevant findings to research project.
- Maintain laboratory notebook as an up-to-date detailed log of experiments and ongoing research efforts.
- Develop and write project protocols and methodology for developed research components.
- Technical support for incoming customer inquires
- Light manufacturing duties may include assembly of buffers for ZRC kits
Education and Experience
– A BS with a minimum of three years of laboratory experience in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry or related field.
– A solid understanding of molecular and cell biology techniques including PCR, qPCR, cloning, restriction digests, gel electrophoresis, nucleic acid purification etc
–Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
– Experienced in using next-generation sequencing platforms
– A solid understanding of primer design