Location: Irvine, CA
- Develop and implement methods for expression, purification and biochemical and biophysical characterization of recombinant proteins.
- Ensure data generated is well-controlled and interpreted appropriately, and clearly and precisely documented.
- Communicate findings and strategies effectively to colleagues and management.
- Stay current with the relevant scientific literature, and present and explain key concepts to colleagues.
- Write and review manuscripts and intellectual property documents.
Education and Experience
- Expertise in protein chemistry with demonstrated skills, experience and publications
- Requires a Ph.D degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field
- Candidate should be well versed in recombinant protein expression, purification and characterization.
- Candidate should be competent in the biochemistry skills necessary to complete the research, including:
- Design experiments
- Bacteria and yeast fermentation
- Protein purification, FPLC
- Characterize protein and enzyme stability and activity.
- Requires at least one first author scientific publication.
- Demonstrates well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish highly functional relationships with diverse personalities, both within and outside the company. Open, customer-focused style of communication.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with high attention to detail.
- Capacity to prioritize assignments and work effectively under deadlines.
- Self-motivated, independent, and results driven.
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills, and ability to report and present experimental results and analysis to colleagues and senior management in a clear and concise manner.
Fill out my online form.