Quality Assurance Intern
Zymo Research is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Quality Assurance team! The qualified individual will execute be responsible for supporting the quality assurance activities related to the development and manufacture of products.
This internship is full-time and fully onsite at our Tustin, CA facility. The internship duration is up to 6 months with potential to be extended to a permanent, full-time role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist QA department in the drafting, planning, and implementation of all quality programs, projects, processes and/or activities to ensure products/services are ISO9000 compliant.
- Assist the QA department for adherence to all laboratory procedures and policies, while performing oversight functions and reviews of laboratory operations
- Manage or assist with the management of equipment qualification, calibration, and maintenance programs.
- Review procedures, protocols and other technical documents.
- Implement governed CAPA derived from nonconformance reports, assist with internal/external audits and facility inspections.
- Complete required quality questionnaires from customers as needed.
- Assist the QA department with all customer audits and inspections.
- Assist with ISO9000 certification and customer audits.
- Assist with internal audits in conjunction with QA department.
- Assist with Design Control by collaborating with product developers.
- Participate in Management Review meetings.
- Participate in weekly QA remediation meetings.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in a science discipline preferred
- Strong interest in Quality Assurance REQUIRED!
- Some laboratory experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated professional integrity with confidential information
- Detail oriented
- Ability to solve problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn new things
Since its inception in 1994, Zymo Research has been proudly serving the scientific community by providing innovative, reliable, and high-quality research tools and products. Whether it's DNA, RNA, epigenetics, microbiomics, protein, or yeast-based research, our philosophy remains the same: To provide the highest quality products in the industry while ensuring they are both simple to use and reliable in their performance.
Recognized as a Top Workplace by the Orange County Register in 2021, 2022, and named a Top Workplace USA in 2023, Zymo Research continues to be a vibrant community where employees thrive, feel connected, and are inspired by their work. If you are passionate about contributing to scientific advancement and want to be part of an exceptional team in a dynamic, growing company, we'd love to hear from you!
The estimated hourly range for this position is $20/hour at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Zymo Research welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. These include sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Onsite - Zymo Research Operations - 2911 Dow Ave. Tustin, CA 92780