DNA Clean & Concentrator-500
D4031 / D4032
- Simple, rapid recovery of ultra-pure DNA from PCR, endonuclease digestions, and cell-free DNA preps, etc.
- Unique column construction allows sample loading and washing to be performed using a centrifuge, microcentrifuge, or vacuum source.
- Eluted DNA is well suited for use in PCR, DNA sequencing, DNA ligation, endonuclease digestion, RNA transcription, radiolabeling, arrays, etc.
|Detergent Tolerance||≤5% Triton X-100, ≤5% Tween-20, ≤5% Sarkosyl, ≤0.1% SDS|
|Elution Volume||≥ 2 ml|
|Equipment||Microcentrifuge and centrifuge or vacuum source.|
|Purity||Highly purified DNA is eluted with water and is especially well suited for sequencing, ligation reactions, and restriction endonuclease digestions.|
|Sample Source||DNA from large-scale sample sources including restriction endonuclease digestions and "crude" DNA preparations from cell-free lysates.|
|Size Range||50 bp to 23 kb|
|Yield||≤ 500 µg total DNA can be recovered. For DNA 50 bp to 10 kb the recovery is 70-95%. For DNA 11 kb to 23 kb the recovery is 50-70%.|
Q1: What is the minimum input volume of DNA sample?
Q2: What happens if more DNA was loaded on the columns than the stated maximum binding capacity?
Q3: How many times can columns be reloaded?
Q4: How to process naked DNA stored in DNA/RNA Shield?
Q5: What is the lower limit and minimal amount of DNA that can be recovered?
Q6: What to do if ethanol addition to the DNA Wash Buffer was omitted?
“I sampled this kit next to a kit we already use. I had three of the same sample, two for the Zymo kit and one for the other. On one of the ones designated for your kit, I accidentally added the sample directly to the column filter, then added other reagents (I figured I might as well try it). The other I did as per the instructions. The one on which I goofed gave a similar purification and concentration as the other kit, while the one I did properly yielded approximately four times the DNA per µL as the other kit. I am very happy with this result, and when I rerun my samples, I plan to use your product.”
- Rosalind P. (University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences)
“Almost no loss of elution buffer at the final step. It is quite impressive compared to the other kits I have used, which lose about 5-7µl.”
- Joseph R. (Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami)
“It was a very simple procedure and it gave a concentration ten times the original amount.”
- Kimberly M. (University of Pennsylvania)