Position Title: Sr. Graphic Designer
Location: Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
Zymo Research is looking for an Sr. Graphic Designer to join our Creative Services team. The Sr. Graphic Designer will be responsible for generating and leading graphic design efforts that will be used in Zymo Research’s digital ads, website, catalogs, instruction manuals, and educational material.
The ideal candidate must possess passion and in-depth knowledge of user experience and graphic design for digital media as well as print. They will also be able to create original design that matches Zymo Research’s current visual tone and style and motivates us to consider future design evolution. They will also be an excellent communicator and possess a collaborative mindset. Finally, the ideal candidate has a strong portfolio of past digital graphic design projects.
If you are looking to join a dynamic, growing team in a high-impact role, we want to speak with you. The position is full-time and is based in the Zymo Research operations office in Tustin, CA.
Sr. Graphic Designer Responsibilities:
- Creatively design new visual website and marketing campaign concepts and final artwork for websites, social media, events, email, and promotional channels.
- Oversee and ensure that all design matches company style and branding consistently fully supporting an Omnichannel design approach.
- Actively contribute and collaborate with research and marketing on strategic brainstorming, website experience, and campaign development.
- Help establish creative and design direction for the Company as well as maintaining and enforcing brand and style guidelines.
- Drive attention to detail, ensuring that all graphics and collateral maintain a consistent level of quality.
- Stay on top of design trends for various brand and marketing channels and continually foster optimization and evolution of style.
Sr. Graphic Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, or related field. Masters, PhD in Design is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of Graphic Design experience with ownership of website custom experience and marketing graphics and design.
- Strong portfolio of digital graphic design projects.
- Expert in Creative Cloud versions of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Website UX/UI experience strongly desired.
- Video production skills are not required, but desired.
- Strong execution capability in a complex, rapidly evolving business.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, and presentation skills including the ability to clearly convey complex ideas and concepts.
- Self-starter with excellent self-leadership and management skills.