Commercialization Director - Microbiome
|Department:||Services - Microbiomics|
Zymo Research, an innovative biotechnology company located in Irvine, CA is dedicated to developing industry-leading microbiology (microbiome) products and services research, direct-to-consumer, and clinical applications. We are currently seeking a Commercialization Director to lead our commercialization, business, and marketing related efforts in the Microbiome Business Unit.
As the Commercialization Director for Zymo Research's Microbiome Group, you will play a pivotal role in driving the commercial success of our microbiome-focused products and services. Your responsibilities will encompass marketing, sales, and business development, with a focus on expanding market share, increasing revenue, and managing a high-performing engaged team.
If you are passionate with a demonstrated track record of executing in commercialization/marketing in the life sciences and are eager to contribute to the growth and success of an innovative company like Zymo Research Corporation, we invite you to apply for the Commercialization Director - Microbiome position. Zymo Research Corporation has been awarded a Top Workplaces 2022 honor by Orange County Register Top Workplaces. Join us in our mission to advance microbiome analysis through cutting-edge technology development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute comprehensive commercialization strategies to achieve growth objectives.
- Conduct in-depth market analysis, identifying trends, opportunities, and competitive threats.
- Set revenue targets and implement strategies to meet or exceed them.
- Manage and optimize the product portfolio based on market feedback and analysis. This includes Microbiome-centric Product lifecycle management.
- Lead and manage a cross-functional team dedicated to the Microbiome Business Unit.
- Define roles and responsibilities, set performance expectations, and provide coaching and feedback to team members.
- Contribute to a supportive, engaging, and productive work environment where team members understand their roles, feel valued, and are motivated to contribute their best efforts toward achieving team and organizational goals.
Marketing and Sales:
- Oversee and provide strategic guidance to marketing and sales initiatives, encompassing lead-generation campaigns, conferences, trade shows, and major events.
- Identify and foster strategic partnerships to enhance Zymo Research’s market position.
- Ensure that marketing and sales strategies are closely aligned to effectively boost revenue and achieve business objectives.
- Collaborate with third-party marketing and resource groups to maximize the impact of marketing efforts.
- Direct the creation and management of scientific content for marketing and sales initiatives, working closely with Zymo Research scientists, Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), and Core Marketing personnel.
- Lead the development of scientific content and coordinate educational initiatives like webinars and podcasts to support both marketing and sales.
- Ensure Microbiome Business Unit adherence to brand guidelines set by Zymo Research
- Identify new prospects, product development opportunities, and market trends.
- Work closely with internal teams and external collaborators to explore and execute business development opportunities.
Performance Metrics and Reporting:
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of commercialization efforts.
- Provide regular reports to senior management on progress and performance.
- Effectively communicate marketing plans and initiatives to internal groups and key stakeholders, fostering collaboration and alignment.
- Commit to continuous improvement by adapting strategies based on market dynamics and performance data.
- Address conflicts and problem-solve as needed to ensure the successful execution of commercialization initiatives.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in business, marketing or a life science discipline.
- Proven experience working with commercial, business, sales and marketing teams with at least 7+ years demonstrated experience.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Strong team collaboration skill and leading by example.
- Project management experience with an execution-focused track record of consistently delivering projects on time.
- Proficiency in digital content marketing, including social media and content marketing.
- Business development and sales experience is a plus.
- Preferred background in biology or related life sciences disciplines. Microbiome or Microbiology experience is a plus.
Since its inception in 1994, Zymo Research has been proudly serving the scientific community by providing innovative, reliable, and high-quality research tools and products. Whether it's DNA, RNA, epigenetics, microbiomics, protein, or yeast-based research, our philosophy remains the same: To provide the highest quality products in the industry while ensuring they are both simple to use and reliable in their performance.
Recognized as a Top Workplace by the Orange County Register in 2021, 2022, and named a Top Workplace USA in 2023, Zymo Research continues to be a vibrant community where employees thrive, feel connected, and are inspired by their work. If you are passionate about contributing to scientific advancement and want to be part of an exceptional team in a dynamic, growing company, we'd love to hear from you!
The estimated salary range for this position is $110,000 - $170,000 per year at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Zymo Research welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. These include sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Onsite - Zymo Research Operations - 2961 Dow Ave. Tustin, CA 92780