Sr. Business Development Manager
Zymo Research is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our Business Development team! The qualified individual will drive our company's growth initiatives and expand our market presence.
As a key member of our team, you will play a pivotal role in identifying new business opportunities, fostering strategic partnerships, and driving revenue growth. Your entrepreneurial spirit, exceptional communication skills, and proven track record in business development will be essential in executing effective strategies to achieve our organizational goals. Join us in shaping the future of our company and making a significant impact in the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop growth strategies focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction in For Research Use Only field by leveraging Zymo`s products and services.
- Lead the identification and mapping of new business opportunities in our market space, especially large accounts in research universities, corporations and other major biomedical entities.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
- Develop strong relationships with key clients to maintain the ongoing influx of business opportunities.
- Partner with the product and services teams to understand our offerings thoroughly.
- Work closely with other departments, including marketing and operations, to develop a cohesive and comprehensive growth strategy.
- Monitor and analyze industry trends and market changes.
- Negotiate and close business deals that promote sustained revenue in collaboration with different business units.
- Maintain an extensive understanding of current market conditions and industry trends to capitalize on business development opportunities
Education and Experience:
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales, or relevant field; MBA is a plus.
- Proven working experience as a business development manager or a relevant role with in-depth understanding of biotech reagent market.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g., Salesforce).
- Proven track record in sales, business development, and winning new business in biotech industry, especially for RUO market.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through the generation of leads.
- Knowledge of market research, sales, and negotiating principles.
- Outstanding communication/presentation skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Highly self-driven.
Since its inception in 1994, Zymo Research has been proudly serving the scientific community by providing innovative, reliable, and high-quality research tools and products. Whether it's DNA, RNA, epigenetics, microbiomics, protein, or yeast-based research, our philosophy remains the same: To provide the highest quality products in the industry while ensuring they are both simple to use and reliable in their performance.
Recognized as a Top Workplace by the Orange County Register in 2021, 2022, and named a Top Workplace USA in 2023, Zymo Research continues to be a vibrant community where employees thrive, feel connected, and are inspired by their work. If you are passionate about contributing to scientific advancement and want to be part of an exceptional team in a dynamic, growing company, we'd love to hear from you!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Zymo Research welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. These include sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
The estimated salary range for this position is $100,000 - $120,000 at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors.
Onsite - Zymo Research Operations - 2911 Dow Ave. Tustin, CA 92780